BACK-TO-CHURCH SUNDAY, September 17, 2017.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
Pastor Appreciation Sunday, October 8, 2017
Laity Volunteer Appreciation Sunday, October 15, 2017
Trunk or Treat is an event at church, candy and goodies will be passed out and fun activities for the family. Come join us at Meese Chapel October 31, 2017, 5:30-7:30pm. Everyone had fun. Some said “see you next year…”
•Sunday, Nov. 5th, Daylight Savings Time ENDS and Standard Time BEGINS. Turn your clocks back 1 hour.
•Thursday, Nov. 9th, 5:30PM We serve the Community Meal at the Cup
Bearer Café in Auburn, IN.
Harvest Dinner…November 11, 2017 at 5:00PM. Fall celebration and Christian fellowship–FREE just bring your appetite. (Veterans Day Weekend)
THANKS TO ALL THE LADIES FOR THEIR WONDERFUL FOOD. THANKS TO THE MEMBERS OF MEESE FOR THEIR WARM CHRIST LIKE HOSPITALITY. WE HAD FAMILY VISIT, INCLUDING SOME SWEET CHILDREN. I LOVE SEEING THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. THERE WERE SEVERAL NEW GUEST WHICH WE HOPE WE WILL SEE AGAIN. PRAISE GOD FOR YOU ALL!!!! BLESSINGS, PASTOR BRAD SISK OF MEESE CHAPEL.
Thursday, November 23rd is Thanksgiving Day.
•Sunday, November 26, 2017, is UMCOR/Missions Sunday— Give as you are moved to. This is a special gift above your usual tithe.
“Hanging of the Greens” Saturday, December 2nd at 2:00PM at the church to decorate for Advent and Christmas.
•ADVENT SEASON begins Next Sunday, Dec. 3rd
More events will available on this site, Facebook and in our regular bulletin very soon, or at the number and email address just below.
Call/text 260.579.5206 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for updated details.
Christmas Schedule thus far…
Sunday School 8:45am and Fellowship 9:30am as usual.
Sunday, December 17, 2017, is our CHRISTMAS BRUNCH at 11:00AM immediately following our (10:00AM) Worship Service.
Sunday Advent Worship Services 1st-3rd December 3, 10 and 17 at 10:00AM.
December 24 is the 4th Sunday of Advent/Christmas Eve Worship Service at 10:00AM.
Sweetheart Banquet rescheduled for Saturday, March 10 at 5PM at the Paradise Buffet in Auburn, IN. Please join us.
Ash Wednesday Worship, February 14, 2018 at 4PM.
UMCOR SUNDAY MARCH 11, 2018_UMCOR_Why_We_Celebrate_Presentation (1)
ALSO MARCH 11, 2018 DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS…SPRING FORWARD 1 HOUR
Holy Week: Maundy (Holy) Thursday Worship, March 29 at 7PM, Good Friday Worship, March 30 at 7PM
Easter Worship April 1, 10AM. FELLOWSHIP AND CELEBRATION.
- Sunday, May 13, 2018, MOTHERS’ DAY Celebration.
- Memorial Day, May 28, will be observed on Sunday, May 27, 2018, as a thanksgiving to God, in remembrance for those women and men who protect us in our military, police, and fire/emergency services.
- Sunday, June 17, 2018, FATHERS’ DAY Celebration.
- Independence Day (July 4) will be celebrated as a thanksgiving to God for our freedom that we enjoy in the USA as part of our Sunday Morning on July 1 or 8.
- Our next special events will begin mostly around late Summer and early Fall with an Icecream Social, Harvest Dinner, and continue through the Advent and Christmas Seasons. There are special Sundays for UMCOR, Native Americans, World Missions and more. We welcome families and individuals who wish to join us with your ideas for special events. We have plenty of outside space for appropriate activities and events in a rural setting.
HAPPY MOTHERS’ DAY AT THE CHURCH 🙂 MAY 13, 2018
Peace with Justice Sunday, May 27, 2018
Memorial Day (obsearved) May 28, 2018
Fathers’ Day the 17th of June 2018
- Fourth of July–Independence Day.
Bishop Trimble to Speak at Auburn 1st UMC next Sunday, August 26, 2018 from 3-5PM
- ANNUAL ICE CREAM SOCIAL–FOOD, FUN, FELLOWSHIP, AND FREE, Saturday, September 15th 5pm at Meese Chapel UMC 2906 County Road 60, Auburn, IN 46706. Phone: 260.579.5206, email: email@example.com, website: www.meesechapel.orghttps://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1100583570111202&id=436259506543615
In September 2018:
Back to Church
October 31, 2018, 5-7PM, TRUNK OR TREAT FOR THE FAMILY … Treets and no tricks… candy and other goodies, family fun and fellowship, kid activities and more… in a family and kid friendly place.
“ALL SAINTS DAY NOVEMBER 1, CELEBRATED SUNDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2018.
Sets your clocks back 1 hour Sunday morning, November 4, 2018, Daylight-Savings-Time ENDS, and we begin Eastern-Standard-Time.
*Coming Up: Harvest Dinner at Meese Chapel will be Saturday, November 17, 2018, at 5:00PM.
SUNDAY ADVENT/CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION AT MEESE CHAPEL UMC DECEMBER 23RD: FELLOWSHIP AND FOOD 9AM AND WORSHIP 10AM.
What Ideas do You have…Contact us..Pastor Sisk (260)579-5206 text/voice or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ah Wednesday was a blessing! NEXT WE CELEBRATE PALM SUNDAY APRIL 14 WORSHIP AT 10AM, MAUNDY THURSDAY WORSHIP APRIL 18 AT 7PM, GOOD FRIDAY WORSHIP APRIL 19 AT 7PM, AND RESURRECTION (EASTER) SUNDAY APRIL 21 AT 9AM WITH BREAKFAST IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY WORSHIP! ALL ARE INVITED!
Watch for our next events on Facebook or on this site and please join us:
The Annual Fall Festival in November TBA